Apparently, I needed out of the house last night. New Year's was fun, to say the least. It's nearly 2:00 in the afternoon, and I am just getting dressed for the day and am going to wash the breakfast dishes. Yeah...New Year's was fun.

So much fun, in fact, that my husband is now missing a front tooth. (The picture will be coming soon!) I would like to be able to tell you that he was fighting for his bride, or stopping a drunk driver from getting behind the wheel, or that he even slipped and fell on the ice. But the truth is, he was trying to pry the cork from a bottle of wine with his teeth. Yes, "Joe Bob" was opening a bottle of wine with his teeth. We are just that sophisticated; such astute connoisseurs of wine.

Yeah...New Year's was fun.

As for the resolution thing - I have a legitimate chance at making this one happen. I'm just so darn excited about it...

My mom gave me the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld for my birthday. (It's the one where you hide fruit and vegetable purees in meals for your kids.) I used some Christmas money to buy a mini food processor, and already got started pureeing yesterday. I just couldn't wait for January 1. This morning I made "pink pancakes;" traditional pancakes fortified with pureed beets and grated apples. As my daugher said, "they're dewicious!" Even my husband thought they were quite tasty. And yesterday I made a batch of spaghetti sauce and added pureed red bell peppers. I can't wait to try out the recipes on the daycare kids this week. I have a couple very pick eaters. I will let you know how it goes.

I have never been very good about New Year's resolutions. I figure goal setting should happen much more often than just once a year. I am, by default, a goal setter, an "achiever" type, a first born. It's part of my genetic code. Not a darn thing I can do about it.

So I hope your New Year's resolutions come to fruition, but more importantly, I hope you are always striving to be a better you!

Comments

Popular Posts