Blue Jackets. Bright Futures.













This week is National FFA Week. And in case you're not familiar with the FFA, you have probably seen someone wearing one of these noticeable jackets.



















I wore one of these jackets during my high school and into my early college years. (That's my sister and I at National FFA Convention in Louisville, KY in 1999.) And while it doesn't make a fashion statement, that jacket certainly makes a statement about my life.

That National FFA Organization is a large - if not the largest - national student organization. Their mission is "to make a difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agriculture education."

They certainly made a difference in mine.

And while I don't have time tonight to give due credit to how FFA shaped my life, I do ask you to pause today and think about how agriculture education is touching your life...

* by giving high school students something positive to be involved with

* challenging students to look forward to a career in an exciting industry

* raising up positive students as role models and leaders

* providing for the next generation of food and fiber producers and processors (i.e. the guys and gals who will make sure this country is fed and clothed and can turn the lights on)

Here's to you FFA!

Comments

Popular Posts