What to wear?

I came to the realization today that I have had a complete paradigm shift. Ladies, I know you'll understand this one...

When I look back on significant dates in my life, I can remember exactly what I was wearing right down to the shoes. I may not have ever been high fashion, but I know my clothes were always well thought out for each occasion. There were the big ones - proms and graduations. And then the less significant - dates, holidays, family weddings and parties. I guess it's just one of those things we (women) are born wired with the capacity to remember.

Today - while pondering what to pack for my daughter as we traveled for the holidays - I realized that I can't recall a single thing I have worn in the past two years for any special occasion. I do, however, remember with specific detail exactly what my daughter was wearing.

It's not that I don't care anymore. I think I have done an okay job of keeping up with styles and dressing age appropriately. It's just that my focus has moved to my children; no exceptions.

With that said, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I'm signing off for a few days as we're traveling for the holidays. I promise a complete holiday review when we return. I hope the spirit of Christmas finds its way into your heart!

















Santa came early to our house - here's the kids on their Christmas morning.

Comments

Popular Posts