Promises, schomises. So it's been a month and a half since I posted something. But who am I kidding? These days, I'm just happy to get dressed and have time to brush my teeth.

Nonetheless, yesterday was June 12, and my little boy turned two. And if you couldn't tell from the video above, he hasn't stopped playing basketball for the past 24 hours. In fact, he drug his new basketball in from outside and put it in his bed. Had to sleep with it. I know his Grandpa is grinning from ear to ear right now. Or perhaps, shedding a tear. Grandkids have caused him to "go soft."

(Oh, and sorry about the video being sideways. Will someone please tell me how to fix that!!)

As for the girls, they are already displaying their fair share of drama. Lately, Noah's mantra has been, "Whatever it takes to get a spanking, I'm willing to go that far." Sprint for the neighbors yard. Throw something at my brother. Tell my mommy "NO" for the thirty-fifth time. She is three to a tee.

Nell is now four months old. She can scoot to a sideways position in her crib, and is getting very close to rolling over. You can view her three month mug here.

The other good news from our household is that the daycare gig is finally over with. It had reached a point where I felt like it was taking away from time with my own children. I am left with a little angst over the stress on the family budget; but I am relieved to now be free to focus on my babies. Because if time continues to move at the pace is has in the past six weeks, it will be no time before I ship Nell off to kindergarten.

I'll leave you with this picture. This was Nell's baptism...just another peaceful, prayerful day in our blissful life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Grandpas go soft for many reasons. Sometimes their own kids just wear all the hardness out of them. Other times they see a little of themselves in their grand kids. Maybe it's senility starting to sneak in. I like to thing it's just good old fashioned love breaking down that hard shell you built over the years to get through the tough times and now it comes flowing down your cheek in a single tear.

Popular Posts