Scheming

So...just as soon as I said I would update my blog from the early morning hours, it was as if my kids read the blog and began scheming. Scheming a plan to begin waking up at 5:30ish every day for the past 10 days. And then Tucker also decided to kill my afternoon blogging plans by taking abbreviated naps. Just write in the evening then, you say? You've got to be kidding! After beginning the day at 5:30, chasing around 5 kids, all the while being very pregnant, I can't even speak a sentence past 8:00pm.


There is one good thing that has come out of all this sleeplessness. Tucker fell asleep on my lap at church on Sunday. He was getting a bit tired, so he snuggled on my lap with his blankie and paci, and I rocked him right to sleep. I even had to carry him to communion. Which was a bit like lugging a feed sack with a little pair of cowboy boots stuck to the end across the church and back.

The kids are still battling coughs from the cold that began on Halloween. The cough really only bothers them at nighttime, so I don't think it's much to worry about. Still, it is enough to make me worry. I have humidifiers running, and I smear Vicks all over their chests each night. I will give it through the Thanksgiving weekend before I drag them to the pediatrician.

Here's hoping we all get some sleep tonight...

Comments

Popular Posts